- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
ANNA, Ill. -- Jean C. Phillips, 74, of Anna passed away Friday, July 6, 2007, at Helia Healthcare of Carbondale, Ill.
She was born May 16, 1933, in Cobden, Ill., oldest daughter of Harold and Grace Armour Craig. Phillips was a lifelong resident of Union County. She and Ralph "Tiny" Childers were married June 28, 1957. He preceded her in death June 30, 1971. She later married Eddie Phillips Aug. 26, 1978. He survives.
Phillips was educated in the Cobden and Anna-Jonesboro school systems and also attended Shawnee Community College. She held several positions in her working career, her final job being with the Union County Housing Authority as a social worker. The majority of her working hours were spent at the Annavista Highrise, a position she thoroughly enjoyed.
Survivors include her husband; her beloved daughter, Janie Meirndorf of Anna; three wonderful grandchildren, Jon, Josh and Jennifer Meirndorf, all of Anna; two precious great-grandchildren, Joshua Lee and Lillian Faith Evers; loving siblings, Robert (Phyllis) Brimm of Dayton, Ohio, Charles (Sue) Craig of Mount Pleasant, Roger (Donna) Craig of Beach Park, Ill., Dee (Charles) Langford of Cobden, Linda (Bob) Hill of Cobden; numerous nieces, nephews, great-nieces and nephews and many, many friends.
She was preceded in death by her parents, her first husband, "Tiny," a brother and two sisters.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at the Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with nephew Gary Phillips officiating.
Interment will be in the Anna City Cemetery.
Per her request, memorial contributions may be made to the United Missionary Baptist Church in Lick Creek, where she was a faithful member. Envelopes will be available at the funeral home.
Lutz and Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna is in charge of the arrangements.