- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Charlotte Ann Butner Hubbard, 67, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, July 6, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
She was born Jan. 31, 1940, in Tazewell County, Va., daughter of the late Thomas Harvey and Virginia Elizabeth Schuler Butner. She and Percy D. Hubbard were married July 22, 1966, in Newport News, Va.
Hubbard graduated from Pocahontas High School in Pocahontas, Va., in 1957. She was employed as a grocery clerk for A&P Stores, retiring in 1986.
Survivors include her husband, Percy D. Hubbard, of Cape Girardeau; a son, Thomas Daniel Hubbard and wife, Katri, of Woburn, Mass.; a stepdaughter, Wanda Ann Hudson of Lancaster, S.C.; a sister, Florence Gail Griffie and husband, J.R., of Cleveland, Ohio; a brother, Michael Andrew Butner and wife, Linda, of Harpers Ferry, W.Va.; a sister-in-law, Helen Butner of Cleveland, Ohio; four grandchildren, Malcolm J. Hubbard, Marja D. Hubbard, Melanie E. Hubbard, Minna-Lisa V. Hubbard; two stepgrandchildren, Candice Hudson, Monty Hudson; a great-stepgrandchild, Haley J. Pate.
She was preceded in death by her parents and a brother, Thomas W. Butner.
Friends may call at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home 4 to 8 p.m. Monday, July 9.
Service will be at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home at 10 a.m. Tuesday, July 10, with the Rev. Cy Smith officiating.
Memorials may be made to the Alzheimer's Association.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.