- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Fan Speak 7/8/07
Thanks to Cape
To the Editor:
On behalf of the American Junior Golf Association, I want to thank the city of Cape Girardeau for its incredible support of the inaugural Dalhousie Junior Championship.
During the week of June 18 to 21, the tournament participants, their families and the AJGA staff were treated to welcoming and caring hospitality from Dalhousie Golf Club and the entire city.
There were so many components that made this tournament successful. From the support of local sponsors like Pepsi, Montgomery Bank, the Cape Girardeau Convention and Visitors Bureau and individual junior-am sponsors to the more than 150 volunteers who donated their time spotting golf balls, shuttling players, running timing stations, filling coolers and serving as standard bearers.
We had two memorable tournament cookouts -- the Southeast Missouri Optimist Club's Fish Fry and the Lambert's Throwed Roll Challenge -- that are still being talked about among the nation's top juniors. We have already received many thank-you notes from the juniors and their parents saying they cannot wait to return to Cape Girardeau in 2008.
Thank you again for opening your city to the AJGA and we look forward to seeing everyone again next year.
AJGA tournament director,