- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Thanks for Fourth
Thank you to everyone who contributed to making this past July 4th one of the best in memory. The weather was humid and hot on the Fourth of July, just as it should be in Southeast Missouri. The music was superb and the fireworks were extraordinary.
At Jackson City Park and at Libertyfest on the Cape Girardeau riverfront, in back yards and front yards, people gathered to celebrate America's founding. We were reminded of our love of freedom. We honored and remembered those who risk their lives in its name.
We celebrated the universal truths the Founding Fathers believed to be self-evident, "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
There was plenty of Happiness to go around on the Fourth of July.