- Peter Kinder resigns federal agency post, concludes position unnecessary and waste of tax dollars (6/16/18)2
- Longtime downtown Cape bartender Marcellus Jones remembered by friends (6/12/18)2
- Committee to start planning process for indoor aquatic center in Cape (6/20/18)1
- Stormy Daniels to visit East Cape Girardeau (6/13/18)20
- Southeast to spend $150,000 to refresh brand with Ohio firm (6/19/18)6
- A community rallies behind Honorable Young Men's Club (6/16/18)1
- New urban dance studio opens on Broadway (6/15/18)2
- Jackson natives compete in 260-mile canoe race (6/16/18)1
- Mother, child reportedly hit by car in Cape Girardeau (6/18/18)
- Neal Boyd blessed us all with his God-given talent (6/19/18)
Thanks for Fourth
Thank you to everyone who contributed to making this past July 4th one of the best in memory. The weather was humid and hot on the Fourth of July, just as it should be in Southeast Missouri. The music was superb and the fireworks were extraordinary.
At Jackson City Park and at Libertyfest on the Cape Girardeau riverfront, in back yards and front yards, people gathered to celebrate America's founding. We were reminded of our love of freedom. We honored and remembered those who risk their lives in its name.
We celebrated the universal truths the Founding Fathers believed to be self-evident, "that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness."
There was plenty of Happiness to go around on the Fourth of July.