- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
CHARLESTON, Mo. -- Wayne L. Zook, 78, of Charleston died Monday, Oct. 13, 2003, at Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau.
He was born July 21, 1925, in East Prairie, Mo., son of Willie W. and Lillie Mae Phillips Zook. He and Dorothy Tanksley were married May 20, 1950.
Zook lived in the St. Louis area a number of years. He worked at McDonnell-Douglas Corp., retiring in 1985. He returned to Mississippi County in 1997.
A veteran of the U.S. Army, he served in the Korean and Vietnam wars.
Survivors include his wife; two daughters, Connie Barringer of St. Louis, Renee Hayden of Marble Hill, Mo.; a brother, Earl Zook of Wood River, Ill.; three sisters, Frances Smith of Riverside, Calif., Mary Marcum and Gladys Dodge of Wappapello, Mo.; three grandchildren; and a great-grandchild.
He was preceded in death by four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call Wednesday at McMikle Funeral Home in Charleston from 10 a.m. until time of service.
The service will be at 11 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Larry Smith officiating. Burial will be in Dogwood Cemetery near East Prairie, with graveside rites by Missouri Military Honors Program.