- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Velda Marie Trapp, 89, of Chaffee died Saturday, Oct. 11, 2003, at her home.
She was born Jan. 14, 1914, at Perryville, Mo., daughter of Jesse and Loretta Grampp Tucker. She and Leo John Trapp were married Jan. 26, 1931. He died Feb. 18, 1991.
Mrs. Trapp was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and former member of its choir; member of Chaffee American Legion Ladies Auxiliary 389 and Chaffee VFW Ladies Auxiliary 3127.
Survivors include a brother, Bill Tucker of Huntington Woods, Mich.; five nieces; and four nephews.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Visitation was held after 6 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Chaffee. Parish prayers were at 8.
Funeral Mass was held at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church, with the Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial was in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.