- 3 charged with burglarizing Scott City bar (10/14/16)4
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Cape Girardeau County: A great place to grab a bite (10/14/16)2
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Three weeks and then what? (10/18/16)2
- Suspected attacker of Southeast student apprehended (10/19/16)5
Smelterville story brings back lots of memories
To the editor:
I left Cape Girardeau in the middle 1960s. I still have family there. I enjoy hearing about the people and events there. I really enjoyed reading about the Smelterville reunion. I lived in Smelterville in the 1940s and 1950s. I often think about it and the people. I remember Jake Kitchen. Lewis Hobbs, the Kellys and so many others.
BETTY CUTRIGHT EDWARDS
Montgomery City, Mo.