- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Southeast women win cross country meet
Southeast Missouri State University's cross country program came home with first-place and second-place finishes from Saturday's three-team Murray State Ohio Valley Conference Preview Meet in Murray, Ky.
Southeast's women won with 30 points, finishing ahead of Murray State (37) and Tennessee State (63). Southeast's men were second with 41 points, behind Eastern Illinois (32) and ahead of Murray State (47).
Kaci Pilcher led the Otahkians by winning the title, running the 5-kilometer course in 19:14. Kris Woolf was second (19:22), Missy Moody seventh (19:37), Brooke Woodruff 10th (19:45) and Jen Burke 13th (19:54).
Gabe Lutes led the Indians by finishing second, covering the 8-kilometer course in 26:07. Brian Whitehead was fourth (26:11), Chad Sierman 10th (26:52), Brad DeMattei 11th (26:52) and Kirk Nesbit 14th (28:49).
Southeast will host a meet Saturday at Capaha Park.
Anderson doubles up in tennis ladder event
Shane Anderson of Jackson won in singles and was part of the winning doubles team in the Cape Area Tennis Association's summer tennis ladder competition Sunday.
Anderson, of Jackson, defeated Bill Bradley of Sikeston 6-3, 6-2 in the men's final. Anderson and Tim Benton of Cape Girardeau teamed to defeat Darren Neader of Jackson and Mike Wulfers of Cape Girardeau 6-0, 7-5 in the doubles final.
Kim Anderson and Donna Ryan of Jackson paired up to defeat Joellen Haas and Lois Tweedy of Cape Girardeau 6-0, 6-0 in the women's doubles championship.
Sixty-two players from Southeast Missouri competed.
-- From staff reports