- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Helen Dale Morris, 90, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, July 1, 2007, at Missouri Veterans Home.
She was born Nov. 30, 1916, in Water Valley, Ky., daughter of Floyd Washington and Eugenia Elizabeth Scherffius Morris.
Morris served in the Army from Sept. 1, 1943, to March 28, 1945.
Survivors include a nephew, Barry Morris of Arizona; two nieces, Helen D. Goninan of Memphis, Tenn., Laura Jayne Keller of Jackson; four great-nieces and nephews; and five great-great-nieces and nephews.
She was preceded in death by her parents; a brother, S.A. Morris, April 5, 1994; and a sister, Mildred M. Young, Dec. 30, 2003.
Burial will be at a later date in Jefferson Barracks National Cemetery in St. Louis, with Missouri Honor Guard conducting graveside rites.
Memorials may be made to Missouri Veterans Home, 2400 Veterans Memorial Drive, Cape Girardeau, Mo., 63701.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.