- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Cape police report 7/3/07
The Cape Girardeau Police Department released the following items Monday. Arrests do not imply guilt.
* Shawon L. Egson, 33, of 533 Middle St., was arrested on three Cape Girardeau warrants for failure to appear for driving with a suspended license and two seat belt violations.
* Tracy J. Smith, 41, of 1361 Kingshighway, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau warrant for contempt of court for failure to pay fine and court cost and failure to appear for probation revocation on possession of a controlled substance.
* Rachel A. Merriweather, 33, of 1335 Amblewood Drive, was arrested on a Cape Girardeau municipal warrant for contempt of court for failure to pay fine and court cost for failure to show proof of insurance.
* Donald E. Gordon, 22, of 1014 Bloomfield Road, was arrested on a Scott County warrant for failure to appear for full order of protection.
* A 16-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court for a shooting fireworks from a vehicle.
* A 13-year-old boy was cited into juvenile court for possession of fireworks by a minor and a curfew violation.
* Mary Jean Harris, 28, of Cairo, Ill., was arrested on a Mississippi County warrant for probation violation.
* A suspect was in custody pending the filing of formal charges for failure to appear as a sex offender.
* Kyla Kay Miller, 19, of 31 N. Henderson Ave., was arrested on suspicion of possession of drug paraphernalia.
* Cash was reported stolen from 2400 Veterans Memorial Drive.
* A 2001 Ford Taurus, license plate K98-PTK, and cash were reported stolen from 2841 Themis St. The vehicle was later found.
* American Eagle, 3049 William St., reported clothing stolen.
* Sav-a-Lot, 121 S. Sprigg St., reported food stolen.
* Ashely J. Evans, 22, of 2842 Independence St., was issued a summons for a fireworks violation.
* Timothy J. Hurley, 17, of Poplar Bluff, Mo., was issued a summons for stealing and possession of alcohol by a minor.
* A vehicle was reported damaged at 409 Sheridan Drive.
* A vehicle window was reported damaged at 1616 David St. A laptop computer and power cord were reported stolen in the incident.
* A vehicle window was reported damaged at 2546 Marvin St. A briefcase was reported stolen in the incident.
* Illegal dumping was reported.
* An ex parte violation was reported.
* Harassment was reported.
* Fraudulent use of a credit device was reported.
* A noise violation was reported in the 600 block of South Sprigg Street.
The Southeast Missouri State University Department of Public Safety released the following items Monday:
* Windows were reported damaged at the South Recreation Center.
* Vehicle damage was reported in Lot 1-18.