- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
The Rev. Ernest Browning
The Rev. Ernest "Curt" Browning, 85, of Olive Branch, Ill., died Saturday, June 30, 2007, at Life Care Center in Cape Girardeau.
He was born Jan. 18, 1922, in Olive Branch, Ill., to Arlie and Eva Gettings Browning. He married Thelma Ball July 16, 1941. She died Feb. 7, 2007.
He served as an Assembly of God minister starting in 1951, pastoring for 40 years at Mounds Assembly of God. He also pastored at Sandusky, Ill., and Thebes, Ill. During that time, he also worked as a bridge painter on railroads and for the State of Illinois Highway Department. He served his country honorably as a medic in the U.S. Army. He was a member of the Ministerial Alliance and Smiles Senior Citizen Center.
He is survived by four sons, Ernest Browning of Bradenton, Fla.; Robert Browning of Palmetto, Fla.; Gilbert Browning of Olive Branch; and Gary Browning of Mulkeytown, Ill.; two daughters, Darlene McDaniel of Villa Ridge, Ill., and Cindy Jackman of Benton, Mo.; nine grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren; a sister, Mary Browning, and a brother, Clearn Browning, both of Olive Branch, Ill.
He was preceded in death by his parents, four brothers and a sister.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Crain Funeral Home in Tamms, Ill., and after noon Tuesday at the Trinity Assembly of God Church in Olive Branch.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Tuesday at Trinity Assembly of God Church in Olive Branch, with the Rev. Larry Buckles officiating. Clearn Browning will give the eulogy. Interment will follow in Rose Hill Cemetery in Thebes with full military honors.