- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 7/2/07
CNA named state employee of month
Out of more than 60,000 employees statewide, Karon Schmidt, a certified nursing assistant at the Missouri Veterans Home in Cape Girardeau, was named State of Missouri Employee of the Month for May. Schmidt was recently honored at a reception at the State Capitol Building in Jefferson City, Mo. The Missouri Veterans Commission is within the Department of Public Safety, and Schmidt has been the April Employee of the Month for the department. She was the Missouri Veterans Commission Employee of the Month in November. Schmidt was cited for her quick response to an emergency situation that saved the life of a co-worker at the veterans home.
Hearing aid specialist gets bracelet for service
While attending the national Miracle Ear franchise meeting at the Marriott Resort at Marco Island, Fla., Janette Call was recently honored for 10 years of service to the hearing impaired of Perry and Ste. Genevieve counties. Call, of Perryville, Mo., received a diamond bracelet to mark the occasion. Call is a state-licensed hearing instrument specialist and board-certified hearing instrument specialist. Her offices are at 1321 W. Ste. Maries St. in Perryville, and in the Out Patient Services Department at Ste. Genevieve Memorial Hospital in Ste. Genevieve, Mo.
-- From staff reports