- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
TAMMS, Ill. -- Oma L. Calvert, 85, of Tamms, formerly of Mounds, Ill., died Saturday, June 30, 2007, at the Lutheran Home in Cape Girardeau.
She was born Dec. 21, 1921, in Charleston, Mo., daughter of Curtis and Refa Groves McRaven. She and Glenn B. Calvert were married. He died in 1995.
Calvert was a retired seamstress.
Survivors include a sister, Edna Arnhart of Paducah, Ky.; and a brother, Don "Bullett" McRaven of Jonesboro, Ill.
She was preceded in death by an infant daughter and three brothers.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Monday at Barkett Funeral Home in Mounds.
Funeral will be at 1:30 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Billy Freeman officiating.
Interment will be in Spencer Heights Cemetery at Mounds.