- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Beckett - 50 years
Mr. and Mrs. Bill Beckett of Cape Girardeau celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary with a surprise dinner hosted by their children and spouses.
Beckett and Thelma Gibbons were married June 15, 1957, in Hernando, Miss. She is the daughter of Ira and Mae Gibbons. Beckett is the son of John and Clemia Beckett.
Their children and spouses are Joe and Sherri Gibbons of Colorado Springs, Colo., John and Mary Beckett, Jerry and Lisa Beckett, Jeff and Lynn Beckett, Jim and Kimra Beckett, all of Cape Girardeau, and Joyce and Rick Leible of Scott City. The Becketts have 12 grandchildren and three great-grandchildren.