- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
Donald K. Mitchell, 46, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June 28, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born Feb. 1, 1961, in Cape Girardeau, son of Raymond and Ruby Sides Mitchell.
Mitchell was a 1979 graduate of Jackson High School. He was affiliated with St. John AME Church in Jackson.
Survivors include a brother, Lonnie Sides of Chicago, his twin brother, Ronald Mitchell of Jackson; three sisters, Larnice Hammonds of Jefferson City, Mo., Kathryn Bruce of Kansas City, Mo., and Barbara Swan of Jackson.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a sister.
Visitation will be from 10 a.m. to service time today at Futrell Memorial Church of God in Christ in Jackson.
The funeral will be at noon today at the church, with the Rev. Howard McGee officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery in Jackson.
Williams Funeral Home in Charleston, Mo., is in charge of arrangements.