- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Neighbors mystified over why man was killed by state trooper (05/03/16)20
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- 'American Pickers' visits Poplar Bluff (04/29/16)
Don Wright, 51, of Jackson died Thursday, June 28, 2007, at Barnes Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born April 27, 1956, in Cape Girardeau, son of Kenneth C. and Jerry Jean Dickerson Wright.
Wright graduated from Jackson High School in 1974. He had worked for the former Burton Gerhardt Construction Co. in Cape Girardeau, the former Egg Plant in Jackson, the former Jackson Lumber Co., the former Riverside Lumber Co., Danny Gilder Trucking, and C&G Trucking, becoming disabled in the late 1990s.
He was a member of Immaculate Conception Catholic Church and Knights of Columbus in Jackson.
Survivors include two sons, Eric Wright of Cape Girardeau, Trent Wright of Jackson; his father of Millersville; a brother, Tom Wright of Union, Mo.; three sisters, Shirley Krueger of Oak Ridge, Brenda Wolfenkoehler of Jackson, Karen Mayfield of Cape Girardeau; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his mother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Sunday at McCombs Funeral Home in Jackson.
Funeral Mass will be Monday at 10 a.m. at Immaculate Conception Church, with the Rev. Dave Hulshof officiating. Burial will be in Russell Heights Cemetery.