- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
April Renee Burton, 25, of Cape Girardeau died Thursday, June 28, 2007, at her home.
She was born March 31, 1982, in Houston, Texas, daughter of Leslie Allen and Tanya Renee Foulk Burton.
Burton was a waitress at Broussard's Cajun Cuisine.
Survivors include a son, Garrett VanDeven of the home; her father, Leslie Burton of Missouri; her mother, Tanya Hall of Burfordville; a brother, Christopher Burton of Burfordville; maternal grandparents, Larry and Carol Hagan of Scott City; and maternal great-grandmother, Ruby Lance of Scott City.
Friends may call from 5 to 8 p.m. Sunday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Scott City.
The funeral will be at 2 p.m. Monday at the chapel, with the Rev. Kenny Shoemaker officiating. Burial will be in Kenyon Cemetery at Delta.