- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/01/16)
Kerry and Donna Thompson of Scott City and Richard Baer of Old Appleton, Mo., announce the engagement of their daughter, Whitney Kay Baer, to Travis Allen McFall. He is the son of Robert and Betty McFall of Scott City.
Baer is a 2000 graduate of Scott City High School. She received an associate of arts degree from Shawnee Community College, and is pursuing a degree in education at Southeast Missouri State University. She is employed by Luhr Brothers in Cape Girardeau and coaches volleyball at Oak Ridge High School.
McFall is a 1998 graduate of Scott City High School. He is employed at Mr. Muffler Inc. in Cape Girardeau.
A Nov. 29 wedding is planned.