- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Velda Marie Trapp, 89, of Chaffee died Saturday, Oct. 11, 2003, at home.
She was born Jan. 14, 1914, at Perryville, Mo., daughter of Jesse and Loretta Grampp Tucker. She and Leo John Trapp were married Jan. 26, 1931. He died Feb. 18, 1991.
She was a member of St. Ambrose Catholic Church and active in the church choir, Chaffee American Legion Ladies Auxiliary 389 and Chaffee VFW Legion Ladies Auxiliary 3127.
Survivors include a brother, William Tucker of Huntington Woods, Mich.
She was preceded in death by three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at 6 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Home; parish prayers will be at 8 p.m.
Funeral Mass will be at 10 a.m. Monday at St. Ambrose Catholic Church in Chaffee with Rev. Ralph Duffner officiating. Burial will be in St. Ambrose Catholic Cemetery.