- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
Clyde Sims Sr.
ANNA, Ill. -- Clyde D. Sims Sr., 61, of Anna died on Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2003, in Wildwood, Fla.
He was born Oct. 28, 1941, at Herrin, Ill., son of George and Mary Ann Cox Sims.
He and Doris Reeder were married Dec. 5, 1958, at Carbondale, Ill.
He was a retired line clearance foreman with the CIPS Co., where he worked for 37 years. He was a member of the First Baptist Church in Jonesboro, Ill.
Survivors include his wife of Anna; a son, Clyde "Dwane" Sims Jr. of Jonesboro; and two grandsons.
He was preceded in death by a son, three brothers and a sister.
Friends may call at Lutz & Rendleman Funeral Home in Anna after 4 p.m. today.
The funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the funeral home, with the Revs. Joe Aldridge, J.D. Morrison and David Fox officiating. Burial will be in Anna Cemetery.