- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)41
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)9
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)9
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- One issue reveals Clinton's character (10/25/16)17
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- One victim IDs his attacker in shooting that killed woman (10/25/16)1
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- R.P. Lumber chain buys Southeast Missouri Builders Supply in Cape (10/25/16)7
Ruby Irene Humes, 91, of Jackson died Friday, Oct. 10, 2003, at Jackson Manor.
She was born May 18, 1912, at Cape Girardeau, daughter of Thomas and Cora Trickey Singleton. She and Herbert C. Campbell were married May 3, 1930, at Jonesboro, Ill. He died Feb. 19, 1958. She and Lynn W. Humes were married Oct. 7, 1959, in Cape Girardeau County. He died June 17, 1982.
She was a member of Iona Baptist Church. Humes worked for Mr C's IGA in Cape Girardeau and later as a dietitian at Southeast Missouri State University.
Survivors include three sons; Norman H. Campbell of Oak Ridge, Joseph E. Campbell of Marshfield, Mo., and Larry D. Campbell of Jackson; a daughter, Pauline R. Flynn of Cape Girardeau; 11 grandchildren; and nine great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, three brothers and two sisters.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Sprigg Street Chapel.
Funeral will be at 11 a.m. Monday at the funeral home, with Rev. Donny Ford officiating. Burial will be in Iona Baptist Cemetery at Oriole, Mo.