- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
PERRYVILLE, Mo. -- Eleanor E. Pingel, 87, of Perryville died Wednesday, Oct. 8, 2003, at Perry Oaks Manor.
She was born July 6, 1916, at Perry County, daughter of Carl and Hattie Bergman Wirth. She and Linus A. Pingel were married on May 11, 1939. He died Feb. 14, 1999.
Pingel was a member of St. Vincent De Paul Parish and the VFW Auxiliary.
Survivors include a daughter; Kathleen M. Pingel of Perryville; two sons, John A. Pingel of Perryville and Jim L. Pingel of Hillsboro, Mo.; a sister, Irene Zoellner of San Diego, Calif.; seven grandchildren; and 13 great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a daughter, two sisters and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Miller Family Funeral Home in Perryville. Parish wake service will be at 7 p.m. Visitation will continue from 6:30 to 11:20 a.m. Tuesday.
Funeral Mass will be at 11:30 a.m. Tuesday at St. Vincent De Paul Catholic Church, with Rev. William Thess officiating. Burial will be in Mount Hope Cemetery.