- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Video and evidence largely confirm trooper's claims in April traffic stop shooting (9/23/16)6
- Cape man may lose eye after shovel beating, police say (9/25/16)2
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
- Man convicted of Perryville convenience-store heist (9/21/16)
Remember which party undercut Social Security?
To the editor:
I would like to know if the Southeast Missourian is a leftist political rag, like the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times, or a source of truthful information.
Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put it in the general fund so Congress could spend it? It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democrat-controlled House and Senate.
Which party put a tax on Social Security? It was the Democratic Party.
Which party increased the tax on Social Security? It was the Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the deciding vote.
Which Party decided to give your Social Security money to immigrants? That's right. It was the Democratic Party. Immigrants at age 65 get Supplemental Security Income and have never paid a dime into the system. This costs us millions of dollars.
After doing all of this, the Democrats turn around and tell you the Republicans want to take your Social Security away from you. The worst part is that people forget who did what.