- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Remember which party undercut Social Security?
To the editor:
I would like to know if the Southeast Missourian is a leftist political rag, like the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times, or a source of truthful information.
Which party took Social Security from an independent fund and put it in the general fund so Congress could spend it? It was Lyndon Johnson and the Democrat-controlled House and Senate.
Which party put a tax on Social Security? It was the Democratic Party.
Which party increased the tax on Social Security? It was the Democratic Party with Al Gore casting the deciding vote.
Which Party decided to give your Social Security money to immigrants? That's right. It was the Democratic Party. Immigrants at age 65 get Supplemental Security Income and have never paid a dime into the system. This costs us millions of dollars.
After doing all of this, the Democrats turn around and tell you the Republicans want to take your Social Security away from you. The worst part is that people forget who did what.