- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Constructed with character
The Midwest goes Mediterranean in this brick, ranch-style home at 3118 Westfield in Cape Girardeau. The Mediterranean touch in the arches characterize both the entrance and front windows of this house, which will be on display from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m., at an open house today.
Other outdoor features give this home its own individual character, including front steps that come cascading down to the front yard. Twin red doors with carved features and full-length glass storm doors further the dramatic entrance.
Although this home is a standard ranch-style design constructed about 30 years ago, it has many up-to-date features. One of those is a white marble foyer floor. The kitchen has a white tile-look linoleum with hints of blue and classic oak cabinets with porcelain and brass pulls. A built-in desk serves as a computer area and a great place for studying a recipe. A custom pantry includes a shelf for a microwave and plenty of storage space for canned goods.
Decorated in soft whites, blues, and pinks, the kitchen evokes a very comfortable, homey feel. It is also very cook-friendly, with a double stainless steel sink and eat-in kitchen overlooking a serene back yard.
The back yard, is in fact, one of the nicest features of this home. It is very large and is fenced for the safety of both children and pets. The back patio is partially covered, offering a shady spot for the relaxing porch swing. The back yard is nicely landscaped, with stones used to terrace the area of the yard surrounding the patio.
Sharing a view of the back yard is the living room, which has a large picture window at its rear for the specific purpose of enjoying the view. Berber carpeting in neutral tones creates an easy backdrop for any décor, and a classic brick wood-burning fireplace offers a cozy focal point.
This home has four bedrooms, two full baths, and one half bath. The master bedroom suite has a set of large his and hers closets. It also has two windows, plenty of clothing and storage space and a master bath.
The finished basement has a large family room, including plenty of room for an entertainment area and a separate sewing and laundry area. The laundry area has handsome cabinetry for storage, and plenty of counter space for folding clothes.
Also downstairs is a half bath with oak cabinetry and medicine cabinet, and a large vanity mirror. The bath is situated close to another room that can be used as a bedroom or office area.
A two-car attached garage, bay window in the kitchen, and location in the Clippard school district are other amenities that make this house a home worth visiting. It is currently listed at $144,500, and is available through Century 21 Ashland Realty, 334-0125.