- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Work to detour Morgan Oak traffic
Construction work on the Fountain Street extension project will detour westbound traffic in the 300 block of the Morgan Oak Street in Cape Girardeau for the next three weeks, police said.
That block of Morgan Oak will be restricted to eastbound traffic, beginning on Tuesday. Westbound traffic will be rerouted north on Lorimier to Good Hope Street.
Detour signs will direct motorists south on Middle Street and back to Morgan Oak, police said.