- Cape teacher accused of assaulting student at football game (10/23/16)30
- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)8
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- Hundreds turn out for VintageNOW fundraiser (10/23/16)3
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)4
Second victim of Cold Spring high school shooting dies
ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- A 15-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the forehead by a fellow high school student died Friday, hospital officials said.
Seth Bartell is the second victim of the Sept. 24 shooting at Rocori High School in Cold Spring.
Afterward, Dr. Daniel Whitlock, vice president for medical affairs at St. Cloud Hospital said in a statement "our hearts ache for Seth's family. The loss of a child is the greatest tragedy anyone can experience."
Authorities say freshman Jason McLaughlin, 15, opened fire at Bartell and senior Aaron Rollins, who died shortly after the attack.
Bartell was shot twice, once in the left side of his forehead and once in the upper left side of his chest, hospital officials have said.
Prosecutors charged McLaughlin on Sept. 26 with second-degree murder and attempted murder. A spokesman for Attorney General Mike Hatch declined comment because the case was in juvenile court.
Investigators have not said what the motive might have been.