- Two men seriously hurt in crash near Fruitland (9/21/16)3
- Community helps Jackson family with two cases of muscular dystrophy (9/19/16)
- Concealed-carry restrictions remain in Missouri despite new state law (9/18/16)22
- Perryville man arrested for alleged patronizing prostitution, harassment (9/23/16)6
- Children's exposure to meth via parents is growing; Mo. Children's Division seeing effects (9/18/16)8
- Eldorado Resorts to buy Isle of Capri Casinos (9/20/16)7
- Poplar Bluff man accused of beating a grandmother to death with baseball bat (9/18/16)
- Funeral procession of former Cape Girardeau police chief Henry H. Gerecke (9/22/16)17
- Cape man accused of attacking pregnant girlfriend (9/22/16)
- Show Me Center upgrades may allow facility to draw more elaborate shows (9/21/16)17
Second victim of Cold Spring high school shooting dies
ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- A 15-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the forehead by a fellow high school student died Friday, hospital officials said.
Seth Bartell is the second victim of the Sept. 24 shooting at Rocori High School in Cold Spring.
Afterward, Dr. Daniel Whitlock, vice president for medical affairs at St. Cloud Hospital said in a statement "our hearts ache for Seth's family. The loss of a child is the greatest tragedy anyone can experience."
Authorities say freshman Jason McLaughlin, 15, opened fire at Bartell and senior Aaron Rollins, who died shortly after the attack.
Bartell was shot twice, once in the left side of his forehead and once in the upper left side of his chest, hospital officials have said.
Prosecutors charged McLaughlin on Sept. 26 with second-degree murder and attempted murder. A spokesman for Attorney General Mike Hatch declined comment because the case was in juvenile court.
Investigators have not said what the motive might have been.