- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
Second victim of Cold Spring high school shooting dies
ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- A 15-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the forehead by a fellow high school student died Friday, hospital officials said.
Seth Bartell is the second victim of the Sept. 24 shooting at Rocori High School in Cold Spring.
Afterward, Dr. Daniel Whitlock, vice president for medical affairs at St. Cloud Hospital said in a statement "our hearts ache for Seth's family. The loss of a child is the greatest tragedy anyone can experience."
Authorities say freshman Jason McLaughlin, 15, opened fire at Bartell and senior Aaron Rollins, who died shortly after the attack.
Bartell was shot twice, once in the left side of his forehead and once in the upper left side of his chest, hospital officials have said.
Prosecutors charged McLaughlin on Sept. 26 with second-degree murder and attempted murder. A spokesman for Attorney General Mike Hatch declined comment because the case was in juvenile court.
Investigators have not said what the motive might have been.