- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Second victim of Cold Spring high school shooting dies
ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- A 15-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the forehead by a fellow high school student died Friday, hospital officials said.
Seth Bartell is the second victim of the Sept. 24 shooting at Rocori High School in Cold Spring.
Afterward, Dr. Daniel Whitlock, vice president for medical affairs at St. Cloud Hospital said in a statement "our hearts ache for Seth's family. The loss of a child is the greatest tragedy anyone can experience."
Authorities say freshman Jason McLaughlin, 15, opened fire at Bartell and senior Aaron Rollins, who died shortly after the attack.
Bartell was shot twice, once in the left side of his forehead and once in the upper left side of his chest, hospital officials have said.
Prosecutors charged McLaughlin on Sept. 26 with second-degree murder and attempted murder. A spokesman for Attorney General Mike Hatch declined comment because the case was in juvenile court.
Investigators have not said what the motive might have been.