- Former Cape cop faces stealing-by-deceit charge (6/18/17)3
- Jackson scores high in survey of residents; better streets, Aldi are high priorities (6/20/17)4
- Jackson woman accused of trying to hit another with her truck (6/15/17)
- Marble Hill mayor hires city manager without board approval (6/21/17)1
- Police search for two suspects in abduction, robbery case; victim found unharmed in Scott County field (6/16/17)1
- Cape man faces charges of victim tampering (6/18/17)
- Racial disparity of traffic stops inches upward in Cape (6/15/17)6
- Police: Cape abduction may have ties to Georgia homicide (6/18/17)5
- 3 drown in Southeast Missouri in three days (6/16/17)
- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
Second victim of Cold Spring high school shooting dies
ST. CLOUD, Minn. -- A 15-year-old boy who was allegedly shot in the forehead by a fellow high school student died Friday, hospital officials said.
Seth Bartell is the second victim of the Sept. 24 shooting at Rocori High School in Cold Spring.
Afterward, Dr. Daniel Whitlock, vice president for medical affairs at St. Cloud Hospital said in a statement "our hearts ache for Seth's family. The loss of a child is the greatest tragedy anyone can experience."
Authorities say freshman Jason McLaughlin, 15, opened fire at Bartell and senior Aaron Rollins, who died shortly after the attack.
Bartell was shot twice, once in the left side of his forehead and once in the upper left side of his chest, hospital officials have said.
Prosecutors charged McLaughlin on Sept. 26 with second-degree murder and attempted murder. A spokesman for Attorney General Mike Hatch declined comment because the case was in juvenile court.
Investigators have not said what the motive might have been.