- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)30
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
St. Louis-area teen faces charges in shooting death
CLAYTON, Mo. (AP) -- A 16-year-old who had been tormented by gangs faces charges of second degree murder, first-degree assault and two counts of armed criminal action in the death of one teenager and wounding of another.
A judge ruled Thursday that Ahryel King must face trial as an adult. He and his mother, 51-year-Alma King, are accused of opening fire on a crowd outside their home on Feb. 26.
Police say some in the crowd were throwing rocks and newspapers at the King house, trying to goad the son to come out to fight another teen.
The shots killed Jocquees Billups, 15, and wounded a 16-year-old.