- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson extends win streak to three
The Jackson American Legion baseball team ran its winning streak to three Saturday by sweeping a doubleheader at De Soto.
Jackson won 14-11 in 10 innings and 22-12 to improve to 11-13.
"It was a good day for us," Jackson coach Mark Lewis said. "We really hit the ball."
Blake Reiminger had five hits in the opener for Jackson. Nick D'Amico and Isaac Kinnard both had four hits, while Ethan Devenport and Levi Petzoldt added three hits apiece.
D'Amico was the winning pitcher.
Petzoldt and Sam Lincoln both had four hits in the nightcap for Jackson. Reiminger, D'Amico, Jake Hime and Ryan Cheney all added three hits.
Devenport was the winning pitcher.