- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)3
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)5
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)16
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)25
Keep credit out of insurance rates
To the editor:Regarding the op-ed column by Will Richardson and Miki Gudermuth headlined "Credit targets": I, too, had to file bankruptcy for medical reasons. But I had transferred to Alabama with my job before going out on disability, which caused me to lose my house and everything I worked hard to get, especially my great credit. So now I pay triple what I would pay in Missouri for auto insurance. Every insurance company I contacted told me the same thing. They did not care what my driving record was. Their only concern was my credit rating. So please, if you care about the people of Missouri, keep credit ratings out of insurance.
SHELBY COOPER, Birmingham, Ala.