- Golden Corral coming to Cape; may hire 100 workers (7/21/16)8
- Arrest warrants filed for six drug suspects in Cape (7/19/16)6
- Area groups working together to reintroduce elk in Missouri (7/18/16)1
- Pincksten's newest renovation project: 328 S. Spanish St. (7/17/16)6
- Suspect in downtown Cape shooting ID'd in court (7/20/16)2
- Trooper-involved homicide case rests in prosecutor's hands (7/17/16)15
- Jackson's former police dog euthanized Monday (7/21/16)1
- Hastings in Cape closing (7/22/16)4
- Governor signs Rep. Swan bill that equalizes child-custody criteria (7/6/16)5
- Jackson roundabout on schedule, on budget (7/19/16)7
Keep credit out of insurance rates
To the editor:Regarding the op-ed column by Will Richardson and Miki Gudermuth headlined "Credit targets": I, too, had to file bankruptcy for medical reasons. But I had transferred to Alabama with my job before going out on disability, which caused me to lose my house and everything I worked hard to get, especially my great credit. So now I pay triple what I would pay in Missouri for auto insurance. Every insurance company I contacted told me the same thing. They did not care what my driving record was. Their only concern was my credit rating. So please, if you care about the people of Missouri, keep credit ratings out of insurance.
SHELBY COOPER, Birmingham, Ala.