- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)48
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
People on the move 6/25/07
Woodmen rep finishes 5-day education program
Kasey E. Mathes, a Modern Woodmen of America representative, has recently completed a five-day educational program at Modern Woodmen's home office in Rock Island, Ill. The program focused on helping families with Modern Woodmen life insurance plans, annuities and fraternal member benefits.
Hahs receives sales achievement award
T. Ronald Hahs, managing director with Northwestern Mutual Financial Network in Cape Girardeau, was recently honored with the company's Outstanding Achievement in Recruiting and Sales award. The award recognizes overall excellence of managing directors in the Northwestern Mutual system, and requires managing directors to achieve both individual sales goals and office recruiting goals each year.
Hahs has been with the company for 42 years.
Cape salon hires stylists, massage therapist
Just Teasin' Hair and Nail Salon at 2532 William St. in Cape Girardeau recently hired two new hair stylists, Amanda Brinkmeyer and Cara Menz, plus a licensed massage therapist, Laura Pridemore.
Prudential rep awarded Adviser of the Year
The River Heritage Association of Insurance and Financial Advisers presented the M. Luther Hahs Adviser of the Year award to Jackson resident Crystal Burress. She has been a representative with Prudential Financial for the past seven years.
Abercrombie earns CFP certification
Pamela Abercrombie of Capaha Investment Services at 380 N. Kingshighway in Cape Girardeau recently attained the Certified Financial Planner certification.
-- From staff reports