- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)7
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)38
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Community briefs 6/25/07
Fishing program at Cape County Park
"Fishing with the Family" will be held from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Thursday at the Cape Girardeau Conservation Nature Center. Fred Meystedt, a master fisherman with more than 60 years of experience, will give pointers on how to make family outings a big success. Techniques for catching, cleaning and cooking crappie, bluegill and trout will be featured at the program beginning and ending at the nature center. Fishing will be in the large pond in Cape Girardeau County Park North. Poles are available for participant use, and fishing licenses are required for adults and should be purchased in advance. Families welcome. To register, call 290-5218.
NARFE chapter meets July 10 in Perryville
The National Association of Retired and Current Federal Employees Chapter 1237 will meet at noon July 10 at the Ponderosa Steakhouse in Perryville, Mo. Current and retired federal employees in Perry, Ste. Genevieve and Cape Girardeau counties are encouraged to attend. There will be a speaker and a 50/50 drawing. For more information, call (573) 547-4249.
-- From staff reports