- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Gary Marquise Mackins, 21, of Horn Lake, Miss., formerly of Mounds, Ill., and Cape Girardeau, died Wednesday, June 20, 2007.
He was born March 12, 1986, in Carbondale, Ill., son of Gary Edward and Ann Marie Taylor Mackins.
He graduated from Whitehaven High School in Memphis, Tenn., and received an associate degree in computer networking from Remington College on April 12. He was employed at Shelby Residential Services.
Survivors include his wife, Shakiro, of Horn Lake; two sons, Marquise and Gary Mackins, both of Horn Lake; his father, Gary Mackins of Shiloh, Ill.; his mother, Ann Marie Mackins of Memphis; a brother, Keon Mackins of Memphis; a sister, Myiah Mackins of Shiloh; and grandparents Gloria Taylor of Cape Girardeau, Rufus Taylor of Chicago, Eunice McClung of Mounds and John Tucker of Denver.
Friends may call from noon until 1 p.m. Monday at the Second Missionary Baptist Church in Cape Girardeau.
Funeral will be at 1 p.m. Monday at the church, with the Revs. Cecil Thomas and James Tucker officiating. Burial will be in New Lorimier Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Massie Funeral Home in Mounds is in charge of arrangements.