- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
July 4 celebrations set for Cape, Jackson
The annual Libertyfest Fourth of July celebration will kick off at 6:30 p.m. in downtown Cape Girardeau, featuring live music and guest speakers at Themis and Spanish streets stage. A fireworks display will light up the sky beginning around 9:30 p.m. Jackson's annual July 4 festivities will begin at 7:30 a.m. with the annual Independence Day 5K Race, followed by a car show at the Jackson City Park from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m., a July 4 festival starting in the park at 11 a.m., a performance by Robyn Hosp and Mike Dumey at 7 p.m. and by the Jackson Municipal Band at 8 p.m. at the park band shell and a fireworks display at 9:30 p.m.
Air festival set for July 6 and 7 at Cape airport
The 2007 Heroes and Legends Air Festival will take place at the Cape Girardeau Regional Airport on July 6 and 7, featuring performances by the Red Baron Squadron, U.S. Army Golden Knights Parachute Team, World Parabatic Swoop Team, the Dodge Ram Jet Truck and more. For more information, call 334-6230 or visit www.capeairfestival.com.
Folk singer to perform at Red House July 7
Nationally known folk singer Mark Dvorak will perform at the Red House Interpretive Center at 3 p.m. July 7. Dvorak touts himself as a "folk singer's folk singer" in the style of Pete Seeger, Woodie Guthrie, Leadbelly, Big Bill Broonzy and Art Thieme. The Sons of the American Revolution will be on hand from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. with a display of 27 historical flags.
Cape West 14 heat advisory promo returns
The Cape West 14 Cine is bringing back its "Heat Advisory Days" promotion this summer. From now until August the theater will offer adult matinee tickets at child matinee prices whenever a heat advisory is in effect.
-- From staff reports