- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says cops’ good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Interchange work could close I-55 lanes
Traffic between mile markers 101 and 103 on Interstate 55 in Cape Girardeau County could be periodically reduced to one lane over the next few weeks as construction on the East Main Street/LaSalle Avenue interchange ramps continues. The ramps are being constructed on the interstate's northbound side and will serve as roads for diverted traffic to be routed over until November, as construction progresses.
Last week the Missouri Department of Transportation said traffic diversion will probably begin around Wednesday. MoDOT community relations specialist Tonya Wells said the ramps are still expected to be constructed near that date, but factors like weather could cause the construction to take longer, so MoDOT is advising drivers the diversion could start any time over the next few weeks.
For more information, call MoDOT at (888) 275-6636.