- Pedestrian killed during traffic collision on I-55 (10/23/16)5
- Scott County Sheriff Rick Walter faces challenge from criminal investigator Wes Drury (10/21/16)8
- Shooting injures two people in Cape early Tuesday (10/19/16)34
- 18-year-old killed in one-car crash Thursday morning (10/21/16)1
- Man arrested after dispute at school spurs brief lockdown (10/21/16)6
- Perry County: A great place to find home away from home (10/14/16)
- 'I feel for them' (10/20/16)1
- Tours provide a glimpse of Cape Girardeau's supposedly haunted past (10/17/16)1
- Benton man accused of statutory rape, selling pot (10/20/16)1
- Crews are working on the new Drury Hotel (10/21/16)1
GOP still targeting public schools
To the editor:As your paper has just disclosed, Gov. Matt Blunt has given an interim appointment to a school-choice proponent to serve on the State Board of Education.
If the Republicans remain in power in this state, we can say goodbye to the public school system as we know it. Pity taxpayers of Missouri.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.