- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- Settlement reached in accidental shooting case at Kelly High (2/15/17)10
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Jackson board votes to demolish high school building if bond issue passes (2/15/17)24
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)4
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Ray's of Kelso to close, then reopen under new ownership (2/16/17)6
GOP still targeting public schools
To the editor:As your paper has just disclosed, Gov. Matt Blunt has given an interim appointment to a school-choice proponent to serve on the State Board of Education.
If the Republicans remain in power in this state, we can say goodbye to the public school system as we know it. Pity taxpayers of Missouri.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.