- Cape man gets 8 years for robbery, his first offense (12/7/16)9
- 3 students in custody for violent threat; no details released (12/9/16)15
- Abuse suspect tries to take cop's gun; officer zaps him with Taser and punches his face (12/7/16)3
- Police charge 18-year-old in shooting death; may have been accidental (12/11/16)
- Group seeks to create a neighborhood park on Cape Girardeau's south side (12/7/16)14
- Three juveniles charged with making terrorist threat (12/11/16)
- Man sentenced to 103 years for murder of Cape woman (12/6/16)4
- Company to start recruiting businesses to Jackson, Cape (12/9/16)16
- Cape may allow residents to keep chickens; residents at meeting push for measure (12/6/16)35
- 13 venues, 60 sponsors participating in Happy Slapowitz's Toy Bash on Thursday (12/7/16)2
GOP still targeting public schools
To the editor:As your paper has just disclosed, Gov. Matt Blunt has given an interim appointment to a school-choice proponent to serve on the State Board of Education.
If the Republicans remain in power in this state, we can say goodbye to the public school system as we know it. Pity taxpayers of Missouri.
BILL D. BURLISON, Advance, Mo.