- Waller deemed competent to stand trial (1/11/17)5
- Young Elvis impersonator from Bernie performs on 'Ellen DeGeneres Show' (1/12/17)
- 113 drug tests at Jackson High net one instance of illicit usage (1/11/17)14
- Two subjects of interest in 1992 homicide to take polygraph tests (1/15/17)6
- Two men shot after argument; houses also struck by bullets (1/12/17)21
- Imo's Pizza will be added to Rhodes 101 convenience store in Jackson (1/10/17)16
- Cape SportsPlex contractor offers a look at the project (1/15/17)13
- Juvenile accused of stealing, damaging playground statue (1/9/17)25
- Two Cape men recovering after shooting (1/13/17)
- Business notebook: Faithfully Fed aims for more than just food (1/9/17)4
Let the illegal alien jump bail
To the editor:Your article says Morley Swingle, Cape Girardeau County prosecuting attorney, "said his office would lower the bond amount in a case where the suspect wasn't a flight risk to allow the suspect to assume responsibility for hospital costs."
Advice to Swingle: Let the illegal alien jump bail, but not before obtaining his DNA, fingerprints and other bio IDs. Put someone on his tail and make sure he heads for Mexico. If and when he sneaks back into the U.S., he will be considered a fugitive. He will have a different name, but he will be recognized by police. He can be arrested and brought to trial. Let's hope it happens before he gets to drive drunk again. That way, the county saves money and rids itself of a problem.
Small wonder they laugh at us south of the border and call us dumb gringos.
HAYDEE PAVIA, Laguna Woods, Calif.