- Missing Jackson woman found dead in Bollinger County pond (06/23/16)2
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)30
- Village of Zalma must disincorporate, law says (06/23/16)5
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- I want an angry president (06/21/16)17
- Man allegedly kicks woman, punches man after denied a sexual favor (06/23/16)
- Witness says he saw suspect kill his best friend (06/24/16)
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Advance graduate will become superintendent of its schools (06/21/16)1
- Odd court hearing ends with judge declaring probable cause in abuse case (06/22/16)4
Let the illegal alien jump bail
To the editor:Your article says Morley Swingle, Cape Girardeau County prosecuting attorney, "said his office would lower the bond amount in a case where the suspect wasn't a flight risk to allow the suspect to assume responsibility for hospital costs."
Advice to Swingle: Let the illegal alien jump bail, but not before obtaining his DNA, fingerprints and other bio IDs. Put someone on his tail and make sure he heads for Mexico. If and when he sneaks back into the U.S., he will be considered a fugitive. He will have a different name, but he will be recognized by police. He can be arrested and brought to trial. Let's hope it happens before he gets to drive drunk again. That way, the county saves money and rids itself of a problem.
Small wonder they laugh at us south of the border and call us dumb gringos.
HAYDEE PAVIA, Laguna Woods, Calif.