- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Cape officer shoots man inside a home (2/16/17)7
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Former Cape cop indicted on possessing child porn (2/17/17)2
- Man dies after being shot by officer; said to have come at cop with knife (2/16/17)29
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
Let the illegal alien jump bail
To the editor:Your article says Morley Swingle, Cape Girardeau County prosecuting attorney, "said his office would lower the bond amount in a case where the suspect wasn't a flight risk to allow the suspect to assume responsibility for hospital costs."
Advice to Swingle: Let the illegal alien jump bail, but not before obtaining his DNA, fingerprints and other bio IDs. Put someone on his tail and make sure he heads for Mexico. If and when he sneaks back into the U.S., he will be considered a fugitive. He will have a different name, but he will be recognized by police. He can be arrested and brought to trial. Let's hope it happens before he gets to drive drunk again. That way, the county saves money and rids itself of a problem.
Small wonder they laugh at us south of the border and call us dumb gringos.
HAYDEE PAVIA, Laguna Woods, Calif.