- Polar Plunge, Special Olympics bring athletes together (02/09/16)
- Volunteers, horses bring joy in the face of challenges (02/08/16)
- Black History Month events highlight many topics (02/07/16)
- Catholic Schools Week celebrates knowledge, faith (02/05/16)
- Cookie Spree back at First Friday (02/05/16)
- Local athletes recognized by newspaper (02/04/16)
- Cape chamber honors businesses, individuals (02/03/16)
- Cape native brings world-renowned Elvis act to casino (02/02/16)
Two Leadership Cape projects appear on their way to becoming a reality.
Complete the Streets, a plan to create bicycle lanes and appropriate signage on six Cape Girardeau streets. The city is considering the idea, which was endorsed last week by the Cape Girardeau Chamber of Commerce.
The chamber also endorsed a Leadership Cape project that would create a self-guided audio tour that would provide oral histories of the city's historical sites.
These plans, both excellent, demonstrate the value of the chamber's Leadership Cape program, in which participants undergo seven months of training before presenting their community betterment projects.
Not all Leadership Cape projects are as doable as these two, but even those that aren't provoke new ways of thinking about the city's assets.