- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)43
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
State health-care costs rise above national average
Cape school district forming budget task force
The Cape Girardeau School District is in the process of forming a task force to make recommendations about cutting $2.2 million from the district's budget.
Parents and other community members interested in serving on the task force can do so by visiting the district's Web site at www.cape.k12.mo.us and clicking on the budget reduction link or by calling 335-1867.
The task force's first meeting is scheduled for Monday, Oct. 27.