- Police: Cape man kidnapped woman, then raped, assaulted her (06/30/16)7
- Many Jackson students may face random drug-testing (06/26/16)39
- Jackson man accused of felony assault after attack at Cape bar (06/26/16)7
- Four men accused of roles in three robberies (06/29/16)3
- Coroner asks for grand jury in Poplar Bluff fatal hit-and-run case (06/28/16)1
- Southeast president to get his U.S. citizenship July 4 (06/30/16)34
- Cape murderer still will serve 2 life sentences; appeals court forced reduced charge (06/30/16)
- Cape detective who helped solve Krajcir case is retiring (06/28/16)8
- Officials: Ash borer less of a problem here than in St. Louis (06/27/16)
- Business notebook: Melting Co. adds to Cape's food-truck fleet (06/27/16)
Signed letters (the name of the writer will be published) must include the name of the town where the writer lives and a daytime telephone number. Only one letter each month per writer will be considered for publication.
Regarding letters about candidates and other election issues:
* Letters from candidates will not be published after filing for office, unless the letter is about a nonelection topic and considered of unusual interest.
* Letters about local candidates will not be published. Candidate issues may be addressed through advertising.
* Letters about election issues will be published until the week before an election, when rebuttals to previous letters will be considered for publication. No letters about election issues will be published on the Sunday or Monday prior to an election or on Election Day.
These guidelines notwithstanding, the editor will make the final determination on all letters.