- Two men accused of selling meth to undercover cop (6/22/17)
- Cape man stabbed in head, arm after strip-club incident; skull fractured, police say (6/25/17)3
- Custom cuts: Local hairstylist provides free haircuts to special-needs children (6/26/17)3
- Police: Man grabbed wheel, tried to kill driver and himself in Jackson crash (6/23/17)
- Marble Hill man accused of beating, kidnapping woman (6/27/17)
- Annual SEMO District Fair event lineup announced (6/23/17)2
- Oran town board fired officer before hiring him as police chief; city officials say they can't remember reason for firing (6/25/17)2
- Playing with fire (6/25/17)
- Two charged in theft of jewelry from Cape storage facility (6/23/17)1
- Business notebook: Man's cheesecake whim becomes a full-time vocation (6/26/17)
Signed letters (the name of the writer will be published) must include the name of the town where the writer lives and a daytime telephone number. Only one letter each month per writer will be considered for publication.
Regarding letters about candidates and other election issues:
* Letters from candidates will not be published after filing for office, unless the letter is about a nonelection topic and considered of unusual interest.
* Letters about local candidates will not be published. Candidate issues may be addressed through advertising.
* Letters about election issues will be published until the week before an election, when rebuttals to previous letters will be considered for publication. No letters about election issues will be published on the Sunday or Monday prior to an election or on Election Day.
These guidelines notwithstanding, the editor will make the final determination on all letters.