- City suspends liquor license for downtown Cape bar; owners say they want to fix problems (3/26/17)7
- Mall aboard: Future requires evolution at West Park Mall (3/24/17)24
- Legal discrimination complaint, ethics complaint filed in Scott City government (3/22/17)13
- Business notebook: Cape native goes from farm to mobile-food operation (3/20/17)1
- Former Southeast softball coach sues Board of Regents; seeks damages and her job back (3/23/17)15
- Former Scott City administrator: 'I was forced to resign' (3/21/17)6
- Triplett manslaughter case set for July 2018 (3/21/17)2
- Two people found dead in Advance house fire (3/21/17)
- Two Cape men charged with second-degree murder of Grandi (3/21/17)2
- Lawmakers put prevailing wage in crosshairs; laborers object (2/12/17)10
Signed letters (the name of the writer will be published) must include the name of the town where the writer lives and a daytime telephone number. Only one letter each month per writer will be considered for publication.
Regarding letters about candidates and other election issues:
* Letters from candidates will not be published after filing for office, unless the letter is about a nonelection topic and considered of unusual interest.
* Letters about local candidates will not be published. Candidate issues may be addressed through advertising.
* Letters about election issues will be published until the week before an election, when rebuttals to previous letters will be considered for publication. No letters about election issues will be published on the Sunday or Monday prior to an election or on Election Day.
These guidelines notwithstanding, the editor will make the final determination on all letters.