- Cape businessman known for starting NARS dies at 49 (2/23/17)9
- Man shot by police ID'd; witness shares his side of story (2/17/17)31
- MSHP: McLendon shot in side; autopsy refutes witness account (2/19/17)23
- Apparent punch at girls basketball game propels lawmaker into action (2/21/17)4
- Business notebook: Owners ready to roll out the Barrel 131 (2/20/17)6
- Missouri bill would limit transgender school bathroom access (2/22/17)47
- Annual father-daughter dance provides some fun bonding time (2/19/17)1
- SoutheastHEALTH, Washington University School of Medicine announce collaboration (2/24/17)13
- City issues precautionary boil order near Arena Park (2/23/17)
- $22M bond issue would alter Jackson schools (2/22/17)12
Signed letters (the name of the writer will be published) must include the name of the town where the writer lives and a daytime telephone number. Only one letter each month per writer will be considered for publication.
Regarding letters about candidates and other election issues:
* Letters from candidates will not be published after filing for office, unless the letter is about a nonelection topic and considered of unusual interest.
* Letters about local candidates will not be published. Candidate issues may be addressed through advertising.
* Letters about election issues will be published until the week before an election, when rebuttals to previous letters will be considered for publication. No letters about election issues will be published on the Sunday or Monday prior to an election or on Election Day.
These guidelines notwithstanding, the editor will make the final determination on all letters.