- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)43
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)49
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- River Ridge Winery changes hands (05/02/16)
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Statement: Man says copsí good work drove him to grow his own marijuana (05/01/16)1
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Hopper Road to close for months during construction of Veterans Drive (04/27/16)9
Jackson lands five on all-region team
Jackson's girls soccer team led the way with five players on the Class 2 all-region team.
Chelsea Dale, Bobbi Jo Schlick, Randi Kraust, Alisha Howard and Jenni Tenholder each made the all-region team from Jackson. The Indians won their sixth straight district title this past season and fell to Class 2 runner-up Incarnate Word in the sectional game.
Heather Deisher, Sarah Uptmor and Laura Lusk made the all-region team from Central.
Delta seniors to play in all-star game
Delta seniors Kaci Menz and Shea Smith will participate in the Gerald A. Pilz and Friends all-star game on July 7 at the College of the Ozarks.
Menz and Smith each signed with Three Rivers Community College during their senior seasons.
Drury playing for Missouri all-star team
Notre Dame baseball player Dylan Drury is currently playing for team Missouri in the Sunbelt Classic baseball series in McAlester, Okla.
Drury, who will be a junior next year, went 1-for-2 with an RBI and a run scored in a recent win over California. Drury is the lone player from Southeast Missouri on the squad.
Slattery, Lawson to play in senior all-star game
Central graduate Blake Slattery and Jackson graduate Logan Lawson will play in the Missouri Baseball Coaches Association senior all-star game Saturday in O'Fallon, Mo.
The game is played at T.R. Hughes Stadium, the home field of the River City Rascals of the Frontier League.
Slattery and Lawson will be teammates next year at Mineral Area College.
Ayers signs with Williams Baptist
Kelly graduate Spencer Ayers recenlty signed with Williams Baptist College to play basketball next year.
Ayers, a 6-foot-3 forward, was all-Scott-Mississippi Conference the past two seasons.
Central graduate Eli Harris is a current member of Williams Baptist basketball team. Williams Baptist is an NAIA program located in Walnut Ridge, Ark.