- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Area sports digest 6/13/07
Atchison, Menz to compete at Nationals
Stephen T. Atchison of Jackson will compete in the saddle bronc event at the 2007 College National Finals Rodeo in Casper, Wyo., this week.
Atchison attends the University of Tennessee-Martin.
Brent M. Menz of Delta will also be competing in the Nationals in the bull riding event. Menz also attends the University of Tennessee-Martin.
The two will be competing for over $200,000 in scholarships.
Kelley, Gross, Wondel, Bradshaw take first
Tim Kelley, Chris Gross, John Wondel and Chris Bradshaw captured first place with a 61 in the morning session of the Cape West Rotary tournament at Dalhousie Golf Club on Monday.
Coming in second in the Championship Flight was Mo Sandfort, David Crader, Todd Woodfin and Doug Hunt with a 65. Dale Williams, Lisa Williams, Darius Seabaugh, and Scott Wachter took home third place with a 66.
In the A-flight, David Likens, Mike Holloway, William Zickfield, and Donald Poole snagged first-place honors in a three-way scorecard playoff with a 71. Jeff Bohnert, Bruce Smith, Derek Heissner and Jeff Roosman placed second with a 71 while Danny Hill, Bob Rowe, Rick Mestre and Mike Thompson captured third place with a 71.
Ben Dow had the longest drive and Tim Kelley drained the longest putt.
In the afternoon session it was Matthew Vancil, Matt Christian, Kyle Christian and Kale Shinan that took home first-place honors in the Championship Flight thanks to a scorecard playoff by shooting a 61. Charles Southerland, Terry Harris, Bob Harris and Dick Vincent fell to second after shooting a 61.
Eddie Cato, Andy Riley, Bruce Christian and Tim Holden captured third place in the flight with a 62.
In the A-flight, it was Tim Bryant, Jamie Matchel, Tom Wright and Terry Godwin placed who took first with a 65. Bill Gamerell Kevin O'Toole, Ed Wilder and Scott Colbert took second after losing in a scorecard playoff, shooting a 65. Troy Ward, Jerry Bushelman, Carolyn Torbet and Zach Green captured third place in the flight, firing a 66.
In the B-flight, Jim Riley, Tom Tipton, Ken Callis and Gary Goins placed first with a 71. Ken Dobbins, Earl Holland, Bob Holland and Doyle Privett placed second with a 71. They lost in a scoredcard playoff.
Kyle Christian had the long drive of the day and Tim McPherson drained the longest putt.
Chaffee Senior beats Chaffee Junior
Chaffee High players helped knock off their hometown as Jackson's Senior Babe Ruth team defeated Chaffee's Junior Babe team 5-3 and 7-6.
In the first game, it was Chris Hanback who got the win on the mound. Cody Vandeven went 3-for-4 at the plate and Andy Hendrix added two hits for the winners.
In the nightcap, Chris Hanback did some damage at the plate, going 3-for-4 with a double and two run home runs. Hendrix added another two hits.
-- From staff reports