- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)31
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MOUND CITY, Ill. -- Jewell Marie Reeves, 89, of Mound City died Sunday, June 10, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born May 21, 1918, in Mound City, daughter of Harlan and Lucille Mayers Lowe. She married Homer P. Reeves, who died Oct. 9, 1993.
Reeves was formerly of Cairo, Ill. She had been a janitor for apartment houses.
Survivors include a son, Vincent Lowe of Mound City; a daughter, Carol Lowe of Donaldsonville, La.; a sister, Mary Carlton of Alhambra, Calif.; six grandchildren; five great-grandchildren; and three great-great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by a twin sister.
Visitation will be from 5 to 8 p.m. today at Jones Funeral Home in Villa Ridge, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10:30 a.m. Wednesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Joseph Vance officiating. Burial will be in Mound City National Cemetery.