- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)31
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Ruth M. Hodges, 93, of Cape Girardeau died Wednesday, June 6, 2007, at the Lutheran Home.
She was born Oct. 18, 1913, in Mount Vernon, Ill., daughter of John and Goldie Bell Thompson Wetzer. She and Gleason M. Hodges were married Aug. 31, 1937, in St. Charles, Mo. He died Feb. 23, 1996.
Hodges was formerly of Mount Vernon.
Survivors include a daughter, Kay (Carl) Duncan of Cape Girardeau; a sister, Tommie Hill of Mount Vernon; two grandchildren, Jeff (Mary Beth) Duncan of St. Louis, Terry Hinkebein of Cape Girardeau; three great-grandsons, a great-great-granddaughter; several nieces and nephews.
Visitation will be from 9 a.m. to service time today at Mount Vernon Memorial Gardens Chapel in Woodlawn, Ill.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. today at the chapel. Burial will be in Mount Vernon Memorial Gardens.
Hughey Funeral Home in Mount Vernon is in charge of arrangements.
Memorials may be made to Alzheimer's Association and will be accepted at the funeral home or may be mailed to Hughey Funeral Home, P.O. Box 721, Mount Vernon, Ill., 62864.