- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
CHAFFEE, Mo. -- Morgan Brittany Kiefer and Blaine Adam Swinford were married Oct. 21, 2006, at St. Ambrose Catholic Church. The Rev. John Harth performed the ceremony. Organist was Betty Vandeven of Chaffee, and soloist was Alicia Curtis of Cape Girardeau.
Parents of the couple are Donnie and Mary Ann Kiefer, Jack Swinford and Carol Swinford, all of Chaffee.
Maid of honor was Mallory Kiefer of Chaffee, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Madelyn Kiefer of Chaffee, sister of the bride; Tara Phillips of Scott City, cousin of the bride; Brooke McFerron of Jackson; Casey Graviett of Cape Girardeau; Angie Ruiz of Chaffee and Kelly Ressel of Scott City, cousins of the bride; Heather Gresham of Cape Girardeau; and Bailey Swinford of Chaffee, niece of the groom.
Glenn Glueck of Chaffee, cousin of the bride, was best man. Groomsmen were Nick and John Swinford of Chaffee, brothers of the groom; Billy VanPelt of Chaffee; David Little of Fort Jackson, S.C.; Nathan Morgan, Ryan Pobst, Andy Sadler, and Brody Swinford, nephew of the groom, all of Chaffee. Ushers were Darrin Lincoln, Marc Sadler, Tyler Dannenmueller, and Garrett Senciboy, all of Chaffee.
Program attendants were Jill Morgan and Jaimie Cannon of Chaffee, and Lexi Burnett of Scott City, cousin of the bride.
Maids were Bridgette Swinford and Halle Ressel. Bridgett is the daughter of John and Tina Swinford and niece of the groom. Halle is the daughter of Jason and Kelly Ressel and godchild of the bride.
Ringbearers were Drew and Jake Swinford, sons of Nick and Jessica Swinford, nephews of the groom.
Aisle runners were Bradyn Swinford and Brennan Miller. Bradyn is the son of John and Tina Swinford and nephew of the groom. Brennan is the son of Kevin and Brenda Miller and cousin of the bride.
The dinner and dance reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Scott City.
Mrs. Swinford is a 2001 graduate of Chaffee High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in middle school education from Southeast Missouri State University in 2006. She is a teacher with Kelly School District.
The groom is a 2000 graduate of Chaffee High School. He is a conductor with Burlington Northern and Santa Fe Railway Co.
After a wedding trip to Playa del Carmen, Mexico, the couple resides in Chaffee.