- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Man accused of pointing BB gun at Chaffee resident (04/26/16)2
Doyle W. Strop, 61, of Cape Girardeau died Sunday, June 3, 2007, at his home.
He was born Sept. 12, 1945, in Cape Girardeau, son of Doyle B. Strop. He and Brenda Moore were married in Cape Girardeau.
Strop served in the U.S. Army from Jan. 26, 1967, to Sept. 25, 1968, in the Vietnam War.
He was a member of La Croix United Methodist Church, VFW Post 3838, and Teamsters Union Local 282. He worked at Super Valu 27 years, retiring in 2000.
He is survived by his wife, Brenda Strop; two sons, Daryn Wade Strop of Colorado Springs, Colo., Deric Wade Strop of Cape Girardeau; a daughter, Sandee Regene Burns of Loganville, Ga.; a sister, Phyllis Wiedefeld of Cape Girardeau; and two grandchildren, Jessica Burns and Taylor Burns of Loganville.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a daughter.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. today at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Wednesday at La Croix United Methodist Church, with the Rev. Ron Watts officiating. Burial will be in Cape County Memorial Park, with military rites conducted by Missouri Honor Guard and VFW Post 3838.
Memorials may be made to La Croix Children's Building Fund.
Ford and Sons Funeral Home is in charge of arrangements.