- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)35
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
MORLEY, Mo. -- William "Bill" Bryeans, 82, of Poplar Bluff, Mo., died Wednesday, May 30, 2007, at Barnes-Jewish Hospital in St. Louis.
He was born April 11, 1925, at Morley, son of Claude Pearl and Ida May Osborn Bryeans. He and Carmela Isaacs were married June 8, 1951.
Bryeans retired as maintenance supervisor at Sears Youth Center in Poplar Bluff. He was a member of Providence Baptist Church.
He served in the U.S. Navy during World War II.
Survivors include his wife; a son, Michael Bryeans; a daughter, Linda Burfield, all of Poplar Bluff; and two grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by two sons, three brothers and two sisters.
Visitation will be from 5 to 7 p.m. today at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran, Mo.
The funeral will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Westside Church of God in Poplar Bluff, with the Rev. Dennis Ward officiating. Burial will be at 2 p.m. in New Morley Cemetery at Morley, with military rites to be conducted.