- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)45
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)6
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)36
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
Kathryn Therese Wencewicz and Robert Artie Michael were united in marriage June 21, 2003, at St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church. The Rev. J. Friedel performed the ceremony. Pianist was Lenny Kuper and vocalist was Alan Bruns.
Parents of the couple are Thomas and Dorothy Wencewicz of Cape Girardeau, and Max and Sally Michael of Charleston, Mo.
Matron of honor was Ruth Ann Mier of Jackson, sister of the bride. Bridesmaids were Amy Worley of Cape Girardeau, Sara Ashworth of Jackson, sisters of the bride; Sarah Dovin of Jackson, sister of the groom; Lucia Kozlovsky and Cari Shaw of Cape Girardeau.
Steve McClanahan of Springfield, Mo., was best man. Groomsmen were Greg Patton of St. Louis, cousin of the groom; Timmy Wencewicz of Cape Girardeau, brother of the bride; Bruce Dovin of Jackson, brother-in-law of the groom; Jeff Patton of St. Louis, cousin of the groom; and Tommy Wencewicz of Cape Girardeau, brother of the groom.
Flower girl was Catie Dovin, daughter of Bruce and Sarah Dovin and niece of the groom. Ringbearer was Jamison Ashworth, son of Jeff and Sara Ashworth and nephew of the bride.
Elizabeth Moxley, cousin of the groom, attended the guest book.
Following the ceremony, the reception was held at the Knights of Columbus Hall in Jackson. Servers were Barb Bergfeld, aunt of the bride, and Laura Bergfeld, cousin of the bride.
The groom's parents hosted the rehearsal dinner June 20 at the Knights of Columbus Hall.
Mrs. Michael is a 1998 graduate of Notre Dame High School. She received a bachelor of science degree in medical technology from Southeast Missouri State University in May 2003. She is a medical technologist at St. Francis Medical Center.
The groom is a 1996 graduate of Charleston High School. He received a bachelor of science degree in business administration from Southeast University in December 2002. He is employed at Wal-Mart Pharmacy in Cape Girardeau.
The couple is residing in Cape Girardeau.