- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)37
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- Ray's of Kelso, Plaza by Ray's to change ownership; Fonn to buy enterprise (04/20/16)3
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)4
- Cape council approves nearly $1M in park, sculpture projects with little public discussion (04/22/16)37
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)2
- Tanker truck catches fire near Oak Ridge (04/24/16)7
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
- Local company makes eco-friendly kitty litter that cuts cat-box smell (04/25/16)
BLOOMFIELD, Mo. -- James "Danny" Dobbs, 43, of Bloomfield, formerly of Oran, Mo., died Thursday, May 24, 2007, at Missouri Southern Health Care in Dexter, Mo.
He was born Jan. 17, 1964, at De Valls Bluff, Ark., son of Charles Thomas and Mary Wade Dobbs.
Dobbs was employed by Tyson Foods in Dexter. He was a member of New Life Christian Center in Morley, Mo.
Survivors include a son, Xavier Dobbs of Arkansas; a stepson, Joseph Dobbs of Malden, Mo.; a stepdaughter, Beth Dobbs of Malden; seven brothers, Dwight Dobbs of Oran, Jerry Dobbs of Doniphan, Mo., Charles Dobbs of Chaffee, Mo., Terry Dobbs of Sikeston, Mo., John Dobbs of Makasoo, Wis., Ron Dobbs of Kansas City, Mo., and Ralph Darnell of Atlanta; three sisters, Betty Darnell and Rosemary Dobbs of Bloomfield and Suzie Osborne of Tulsa, Okla.
He was preceded in death by his parents.
Friends may call at 4 p.m. Monday at Amick-Burnett Funeral Chapel in Oran.
Funeral will be at 2 p.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Ed Carter officiating. Burial will be in Friend Cemetery at Oran.