- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)47
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)42
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Raymundo Chavez Lopez
Raymundo Chavez Lopez, 76, of Cape Girardeau died Friday, May 25, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital.
He was born March 15, 1931, in Phoenix, son of Jasinto and Concepcion Chavez Lopez.
He was a member of Christ Church of the Heartland. He was a life member of VFW Post 3838. He received the National Defense Service Medal, the Korean Service Medal with two stars, the United Nations Service Medal and a Purple Heart. He served in the Marine Corps from March 28, 1952, to March 17, 1954.
Survivors include his daughter, Concepcion Lopez Colunga of Cape Girardeau; a son, Raymond Lopez Lopez of Brawley, Calif.; and three grandchildren.
He was preceded in death by his parents and a brother.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Chapel.
Funeral will be at 10 a.m. Tuesday at the funeral home, with the Rev. Zach Strong officiating. Burial will be in Missouri Veterans Cemetery at Bloomfield, with full military rites conducted by Missouri Honors Team.