- Cape student sues, accuses school officials of slamming her to ground multiple times (04/28/16)46
- Neelys Landing man shot, killed by highway patrol trooper after traffic stop (05/01/16)36
- Bob Evans restaurant in Cape Girardeau among chain's 21 closings (04/26/16)9
- Missouri House votes to allow concealed weapons without permits (04/28/16)8
- Police report filed, but no charges in incident at Cape Central (04/29/16)40
- Two hurt in motorcycle wreck on Interstate 55 (04/25/16)1
- 2016 All-Missourian Boys Basketball (04/29/16)
- Senator introduces bill for I-57 that would connect Sikeston with Little Rock (04/28/16)4
- Law firm requests information about Cape's traffic cameras (04/25/16)3
- Local lawmakers split over failed medical marijuana bill; voters may have a say (04/26/16)19
Virginia M. Poston, 73, of Cape Girardeau died Saturday, May 26, 2007, at Southeast Missouri Hospital in Cape Girardeau.
She was born June 16, 1933, in Cape Girardeau, daughter of LeRoy and Myrtie Mae Stewart Smith. She and Rodney L. Poston were married June 25, 1952, in Cape Girardeau.
Poston graduated from Cape Central High School. She was employed by Holiday Inn Restaurant as a waitress for 27 years, retiring in 2001. She was a member of First General Baptist Church of Cape Girardeau.
Survivors include her husband; a son, Rodney L. Poston Jr. and wife, Tracy of Mayfield, Ky.; four daughters, Karen S. Lipps and husband Richard of Jackson, Deborah L. Lunte and husband Mark of Arnold, Mo., Beverly A. Givens and husband Jim of Arnold; a daughter, Shelley L. Lucas and husband Mike of Jackson; two sisters, Wanda L. Morris and husband C.W. "Cotton" of Cape Girardeau; Judy A. Dambach and husband Ed of Cape Girardeau; two brothers, Elmer L. Smith of Cape Girardeau; Floyd A. Smith and wife Ann of Cape Girardeau; 12 grandchildren; and eight great-grandchildren.
She was preceded in death by her parents, five sisters and two brothers.
Friends may call from 4 to 8 p.m. Monday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home. Service will be at 11 a.m. Tuesday at Ford and Sons Mount Auburn Funeral Home, officiated by the Rev. Sam Ramdial, the Rev. Fred Poston assisting.
Burial will be at Fairmont Cemetery in Cape Girardeau.
Memorials may be made to the American Heart Association or the American Cancer Society.